1. Time: Eight hours ahead of GMT.
2. Weather in Taipei : http://www.cwb.gov.tw/township/enhtml/index.htm
3. Telephone: The International Dialing Code for Taiwan is +886. For the International call from Taiwan, dial 002+National code +Area Code + Tel#
4. Bank Service & Currency: One US dollar is about 30 (New) Taiwan Dollars (TWD), and one euro is about 40 TWD. TWD is sometimes written as NT$ or NT Dollar meaning the New Taiwan Dollar. Conversion between TWD and other currencies: XE.com <http://www.xe.com/currency/twd-taiwan-new-dollar. Conversion between TWD and other currencies: XE.com <http://www.xe.com/currency/twd-taiwan-new-dollar>.
5. Electricity Supply: The power supply in Taiwan is 110/220 V, 60 Hz. Electrical sockets are two parallel flat prongs - "American" type. Participants are advised to bring adapter plugs.
6. Water: Tap water is not drinkable.
7. Tipping: Not compulsory but is customary. Some restaurants will ask for 10% tip which is included in the receipt.
* *Language Notes: *
1. Thank you. - Xie xie. [謝謝]
2. How are you? - Ni hao ma? [你好嗎?]
3. Do you speak English? - Ni shuo ying-wen ma? [你說英文嗎?]
4. Sorry. -Phai-Se [不好意思]
5. See you. --Zai jian [再見]